Newly launched in our office in fall 2018, Handshake: The Get Hired Portal is an online career management system developed specifically for Niagara University students and alumni. The Get Hired Portal can help you navigate your path to career success.
What can I do on the Get Hired Portal?
- Register for upcoming workshops and events.
- Develop a profile highlighting your professional and educational experiences.
- View and apply for internships and job opportunities.
- Connect with employers through the employer database.
- Upload your resume and allow it to be searchable by employers.
- Request appointments with our staff (coming soon).
To access the Get Hired Portal:
Click on the box pictured above and use the Niagara University Purple Pass student ID number version of your email address as your username to log in.
- Use your regular Purple Pass password credentials like you normally would to log in to your email account. Do not use your email address that starts with your name, as this will not be recognized in the Handshake system and your registration will be declined.
Next steps after logging in:
- Complete your profile as much as possible to tailor the Get Hired Portal job results to your desired job interests. Please note that fields marked with an asterisk are required.
- Make an appointment in our office for a resume review.
- After your resume has been approved, upload a resume in PDF form in the "My Documents" section.
- A Career Services staff member will review your uploaded document(s) prior to them becoming visible to employers and on applications.
- Explore different job, event and career fair opportunities on Handshake: The Get Hired Portal!