With the health and well-being of our students, faculty, staff, administration, and members of the community at the forefront of planning, layers of safety will be in place to screen, test, monitor, isolate/quarantine (as needed), trace, protect those most at risk, and monitor warning signs of infection.
In Ontario, individuals who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are encouraged to call either Telehealth Ontario, at 1-866-797-0000 or York Region Public Health at 1-800-361-5653.
- All employees will be provided with one three-ply, 100% cotton mask, and students will be provided with two. These masks contain copper and silver, which provide antimicrobial properties. They can be washed up to 15 times.
- Masks must be worn by employees and students at all times when in the presence of others and regardless of the ability to remain 2-metres apart. This applies to classrooms, common work spaces, meeting rooms, etc. Masks are not a substitute for social distancing.
- All BPS students, faculty, staff, and administrators will be required to complete a daily symptom check using a comprehensive assessment tool that will enable us to monitor and track COVID-19 symptoms and reduce the risk of infection while maintaining privacy.
- Graduate students will be required to complete a symptom on the days that they have classes.
- If you are experiencing symptoms or have come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 Self-Monitor
For more information about COVID-19 and what is being done in the York Region, visit York Region Health